Friday, August 15, 2008

Practice at Dawn

Last night was most satisfying. Recently, my meditations are rather shallow and a strange drowsiness is engulfing me everytime I try meditation for long hours. My master passed away six years ago. So there's no one to turn to for instructions. A week ago I dreamt of my Guru. This dream had a deep impact on me. I began to consider taking up the practices he taught me. He used to encourage me to meditate at midnight and during the hours of dawn. I looked around the house and found my rosary beads. After four long years last night I spent the whole night doing Japa. When I began the session, I had a splitting headache and feeling very ill. I continued the mental discipline with the rosary anyway. I couldnt sit straight because I was feeling too tired. So I leaned on a pillow and stuck to the practice.As the morning light appeared, I went to the roof and sat on an prayer mat. I started doing japa again with the mantra master taught me. I was now feeling a lot better. After an hour, I decided to do some pranayama. I was thinking about doing it for almost a week now, as I was feeling a loss of breath quite frequently. Anyway, I started with my own style, anti-acidity breathing. Next, I began doing Nadi-cleansing pranayama. (last time I did it some six years ago!) I had my armpit rest (Yoga-danda) to help open the proper channel. But I was feeling breathless. Some difficulty was there in the practice. I found my brass water receptacle (with a nozzle) from a shelf. I cleaned it; it was quite dirty. I went to the kitchen and boiled some water with a teaspoon of salt. Then I added some cold water in it. I poured this warm liquid into my snouted receptacle. After almost 8 years of being out of practice, I performed Neti. I put the nozzle to one nostril and tilted my head. To my surprise, the water came out smoothly through the other nostril. I alternated the nostrils several times and my sinus was clean at last.I went to the roof again and performed pranayama again. Smooth and perfecto! :) I completed 20 cycles, as tradition goes. The sun was up and sparkling now. I glimpsed at it now and then and did some more Japa. Happiness was engulfing me, my physical sensation was one of perfect well being. The wind carried a strange divine fragrance. Happy happy happy.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

All the gurus and all the holy books just say one thing.
Go inside we have inner guru
Our inner heart which is sparkles of creator or God.I do open heart meditation which is real blessing direct from true source.when we pray do we let true source love flow inside us.are we really allowing it to happen.
True source did creat all of us doesn't not matter from we belong which race colour.we all took human body because true source loves us and true source given us which belong to true source.pray to true source from heart which is longing to truesource not from brain.let true source help us.as GOd true source or creator waiting to help us.
One more thing things who are unusual does attract us astral projection and our of body experience.
We are in human body. This body is our limitation.we should all live in heart.

Unknown said...

Open heart meditation
It's really deep
It open ur heart to truesource.
Type open heart meditation and search
U can download it or do online
Om shri parmatamne namaha

Unknown said...

Jin prem koi tin he prabh Paolo
This definition is so true
Love parmataman
We dont have to do anything
Pray
Let truesource will happens to us
True source loves us

Amitabha Chatterjee said...

Thanks for your beautiful comments, Navneet!